- Wine Cellar Sale & Holiday Wine Tasting: River Grill at Alisal, Solvang – December 2nd from 2:30-4:30pm.
- Los Olivos Olde Fashioned Christmas: Los Olivos – December 2nd from 4-8pm.
- BOGA: Beer + Yoga: Naughty Oak Brewing Company, Santa Ynez – December 2nd from 11am-12pm.
- Holiday Marketplace: Wilding Museum, Solvang – December 3rd from 11am-4pm.
- The Chef’s Table Dinner: The Bear & Star, Los Olivos – December 5th at 6 & 7:30pm.
- Julesfest Parade & Tree Lighting Ceremony: Solvang – December 8th from 4-8pm.
- Los Alamos Annual Holiday Stroll: Los Alamos – December 8th from 5-8pm.
- Winter Marketplace: Bethania Lutheran Church, Solvang – December 9th from 9am-4pm.
- Sip & Shop: Fess Parker Wine Country Inn, Los Olivos – December 9th from 3-7pm.
- The Kindness Concert – Standing Sun Wines, Buellton – December 10th from 4:30-7:30pm.
- Christmas Lights & Sights: Vets Hall, Solvang – December 11th & 12th from 6-7:15pm. & 7:30-8:45pm.
- Deck The Halls Holiday Market: Ojai Rancho Inn, Ojai – December 16th from 12-7pm.
- In Solvang we celebrate Julefest annually throughout December to celebrate the Christmas season. Solvang decorates its half-timbered houses and windmills with lights, and the streets are filled with festivities including music, dance, food, parades and more. What could be better for getting into the Christmas spirit?
- In Los Olivos, we have Olde Fashioned Christmas where you can join residents and travelers alike in the streets to enjoy pleasant luminaries, popcorn and roasted walnuts, and local merchants to celebrate the holiday season. Not to mention musical performances and a tree lighting ceremony!
- Buellton has its annual Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony complete with singing, a visit from Santa Claus and cookies galore. This is made even more special when carolers sing through the neighborhoods of Buellton.
- In Santa Maria, the PCPA Theaterfest will perform the unforgettable holiday masterpiece, A Christmas Carol, a songful adaptation of Charles Dickens’s classic tale. It reawakens the true spirit of Christmas at the Marian Theatre in Santa Maria.
- In Santa Barbara, you can find The Christmas Revels: In Celebration of Winter Solstice this year. This is a Bavarian celebration of winter solstice set in the early 19th century Bavaria at Yuletide! It’s filled with song, dance and stories originating in Nordic and German traditions. The cast features 70 actors, singers, dancers and instrumentalists and will perform at Lobero Theatre.
Are you planning your trip to the Santa Ynez Valley this holiday season? Our cozy town is packed to the brim with events this year and we cannot wait to attend! View our winter vacation itinerary here and a list of local festive events below.
Follow us on Instagram @SantaYnezVR for holiday discounts and daily features on local shops and restaurants throughout the winter months. Need help with trip planning? Contact our travel concierge or view our list of Concierge Services here.
It’s no secret that Solvang is one of the most Christmassy towns in America. Just ask TIME Magazine! And trust us, the Christmas spirit carries over into all corners of the Santa Ynez Valley! We have a full calendar of events happening in the Santa Ynez Valley that lists everything the area has to offer, but here are some of the highlights this holiday season.
Christmas is a wonderful time of year to spend in many of the towns in the Santa Ynez Valley, and there is no shortage of ways to ring in the holiday season. Then you can cozy up in front of the fire and spending a luxurious, comfortable Christmas at one of our Santa Ynez Vacation Rentals properties.